h

Let’s Work Together

contact@evelynssecrets.com

m. Conference

Via Appia Antica, 224, 00179 Roma, Italy

Not so long ago, films, school and parents taught about the good qualities in people such as kindness, gentleness and selflessness; but in the more recent years it seems to have become the trend to justify your own selfishness and in fact encouraging it. “You deserve better than the best!”, “You can achieve anything if you want it badly enough!” and “Create your own reality!” are a few key words that have been completely misused and corrupted the true value of morals and ethics – in my humble opinion.

A few years ago I tried really hard to find a way to a happy life. From “The Secret” to reading every “10 Steps To Happiness” article I found on the internet, nothing satisfied me. I even went for a few days to an ashram in the mountains to find peace, and even though it was the most serene setting, my heart could not rest. I still felt like I had to try harder, wake up earlier, eat more consciously and I wondered why it didn’t work for me. A life coach told me at that time that I just wasn’t “ambitious enough”, meaning I didn’t want things badly enough, so the universe couldn’t send me more in return.

Is believing that if we put forth enough hard work into ourselves and our jobs really the truth to a fulfilled life? Will good things really come to us, only by us wanting them more and telling ourselves that we deserve them? I believe there is a big risk in this very behaviour making us cold, selfish and almost self-obsessed. We essentially create our own realities in a very self-centred way with the thought “I come first” at it’s centre. We’re willing to do whatever it takes to get to the top and we continue serving ourselves alone, leaving no stone unturned and not bothered to walk over dead bodies if we have to.

What has changed the world’s philosophies from being self-less, good hearted and helpful human beings to becoming self-obsessed, deadly ambitious and blind to the needs around them?

Personally, I got exhausted by these new-age philosophies telling me I need to want more and try harder. What if I don’t want anything? What if I am happy with what I already have and am grateful just for everything that is added on top? What if the best is already defined in what I have received? Here is where true peace lies for me, not in well-packaged selfishness.

What is your philosophy to living a happy life? Leave a COMMENT and tell us!

Love
Evelyn

14 Comments
  • Sahil Rana
    May 29, 2017

Mantra for a happy life is Enjoy everything and keep smiling

• Harshwardhan Singh
    May 29, 2017

Well my philosophy is simple, if things are meant for you they will come to you and meditation is what i find the solution of everything. Help others and all your wants will be taken care of.

• Piyush Jadhav
    May 29, 2017

That is a very dangerous turn in one’s life when self-less becomes self-obsessed…..back when I was self-obsessed….I always used to think ” ‘I’ want this…..no matter what…” Today when I look back at that me….I realised that when I was that self-obsessed, I i forget to enjoy small joyfull moments of my life..which defines I got feelings, I am humam….I was rather busy in fulfilling my bucket, my wishlist…..so now my philosophy for a happy life….m already getting the best in my life…..I don’t wanna make comparison with anyone….nor I got any complaints….!!! 🙂

• Ankush
    May 29, 2017

wow…that’s great u r so good in your work and u r very pretty…but for me living a good life is focus on your goals work hard to achieve them…keep your well beings close to u…never lead your parent’s head down…and u will be successful…

• Om Karanjkar
    May 30, 2017

The idea about making your own reality is actually a powerful tool, that can get you really ambitious things. But ultimately, somewhere down the road, we realise that all we really want is the small things. Isn’t it? 🙂

• Chintan jain
    May 30, 2017

My philosophy is keep loving Evelyn and get inspired by her selflessness in helping others!! ☺️

• Danish
    May 30, 2017

My thinking is same like yours

• Mohak Bhatnagar
    May 31, 2017

Breaking the strings that have constrained your thoughts and their postivitiy is the first step towards optimism.

• jay panchal
    June 6, 2017

wow. your. so beautiful..
    keep smiling ….
    its make your face more prety😍😍😍😍😍

Please wait...